Friday, May 15, 2015

Como Lake



COMO LAKE
My summertime playground,
my bike knew every trail
throughout the park, the
zoo and conservatory,
the amusement rides
an occasional pleasure.
Riding throughout the
park in the sunshine, the
wind of the ride in my
face, sailing homemade
wooden boats on its
surface, and teasing
nesting swans occupied
many wonder-filled hours
during the summer months.
I walked its shores and
across it frozen surface
to school during the
school year months.
Winter skating on
its surface, the bulldozer
zamboni clearing the
snow and revealing all
the mysterious cracks
and gouges in the ice
upon which we skated.

A place of joy and
adventure for a ten
year old boy, little
did I know how much
more it would become
as I hold your hand
and walk around its
shores, with you, so
beautiful, your long
dark hair draped
over your shoulders
and down your back
over the white
peasant girl blouse,
your legs embraced
by blue denim floods
and sandal dressed
feet. The sunlight
glistening off the
lake’s rippled surface
dims in the light
of your beauty.
© 2015. Deacon Bob Wagner OFS. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment