Friday, June 19, 2015

PRELUDE



PRELUDE
Born from need during
the Season of Incarnation,
a history of emotions,
thoughts, relationship,
wrapped up as one
would wrap a Christmas
present. Hopeless romantic?
No, rather hopeful romantic,
one who knows first hand
the mutuality of love, the
sacrifice of love, the
gratitude of love, the
Divine Presence of Love
Incarnate in human flesh,
dark brunette hair, touch
soft as silk, whose face,
eyes, lips, are a window
to the face of The Divine Love
who has used your lips
to express love and forgiveness,
compassion and joy,
who has used your arms
to embrace me and
cradle me, your hands
to hold my face, so
that I may know first
hand the love of God.
These words of a life
history of love enfleshed,
poems? Poetry in the
way of Yeats or Keats,
Dickinson or Levertov,
no, but in my own way
to express to you, my Ruth,
my love, and my life.
From my invalid chair,
I wish love and a
Merry Christmas, your
lover and husband,
Bob
© 2015. The Book Of Ruth, Deacon Bob Wagner OFS. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment